Hello everyone! Today I have a very different post than what I usually write, but it’s one that I have been very excited about!
Grace from Vibrant for Jesus nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you so much, Grace!! It was such a surprise, and I was thrilled!
So, what does it mean that I was nominated? Basically, it means that I have to answer the questions Grace asked me, and then I get to tag other bloggers with my own set of questions. Keep reading to see who all I picked!
- Thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post.
- Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
- Ask your nominees eleven questions.
Okay, I’m going to start in answering Grace’s questions now. I really like her list and the fact that so many of her questions are meaningful.
1. If you could only have three books of the Bible, which ones would you pick?
This is a hard question! The book that I so often find myself turning to is the book of Psalms. It is full of so many encouraging promises of our faithful Lord. So, Psalms would be one of my books. I think I would also pick the gospel of John and…I guess maybe I would take Philippians for the other one. It would vary depending on the stage of life I’m in I think.
2. What’s something that the Lord has been teaching you lately?
One thing the Lord has been showing me this week is my need to look to Him for fulfillment rather than my circumstances. Our circumstances are going to come and go, but Jesus never changes! He is always there for us, and we can be content no matter what if we base our contentment on Jesus’ faithfulness rather than our ever-changing situations.
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
3. How would you explain salvation to someone who has never heard of Jesus?
This is a very deep question! It would be much harder explaining salvation to someone who has never heard of Jesus than it would be to someone who already knows Who Jesus is. I think it would be best to start with the creation story, telling them about God creating the world and mankind. Then I would tell them about the garden of Eden and how man disobeyed God and had to leave His presence. After this would come the good news! God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and take our punishment so we could come into God’s presence again. And because of this, when we die we can live with Him in Heaven forever.
4. What are three of your favorite inspiring quotes?
There are so many good quotes! These aren’t necessarily my favorites but just 3 I decided to use. And they all ended up being about trust, even though that wasn’t really planned.
I choose to trust in God, even with the things I do not know or understand. ~ Adrian Rogers
It’s a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires which He creates. ~ Amy Carmichael
When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer. ~ Corrie Ten Boom
5. What three words would you use to describe who Jesus is to you?
6. What do you spend the majority of your day doing?
This varies somewhat from day to day and week to week. I am trying to learn to focus on fewer things at a time, so some days I may work on one thing and some another. Anyway, some of the things that keep me busy are blogging, making printable planners, and scrapbooking.
7. Who are five historical characters you admire?
This list could become very long since I love history, but I’m just going to pick some random people without thinking about it as hard as I could. Some of these are more well known than others.
Corrie Ten Boom
George Washington Carver
Charlotte Maria Tucker
8. Do you prefer reading out of your paper Bible or your digital one?
Yes, finally an easy question! I definitely prefer reading out of my paper Bible. While I do have an e-reader, and I enjoy using it for books that I don’t have hard copies of, I almost exclusively read one of my paper Bibles rather than reading on an e-reader or phone. Bible apps are nice for sending verses to people though!
9. When you are sad, angry, or hurt, what’s a Bible passage that ministers to you?
I could bring up more than one passage for this answer, but I’m going to give y’all my favorite Psalm: it’s Psam103. I love the comfort in this psalm as it shows the love that our Heavenly Father has for us, His children. Our first Monthly Melody was based on this psalm!
10. If you are joyful, happy, or excited what’s a Bible passage that helps you worship?
Some verses that are encouraging and talk about God’s faithfulness are Lamentations 3:22-23 The second verse is the one I am most likely to think about.
It is of the Lord‘s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
11. What helps you to be focused on Jesus throughout the day?
This is definitely an area where I need to grow. I get so caught up in what I am doing and forget to think about the things that really matter. One thing that is helpful is if I take a rest partway through the day. Getting free of distractions can give your mind time to think about other things, focus on the Lord, and get refocused on what you need to do the rest of the day. Another thing that helps me is when I have difficulties throughout the day. These are reminders to me to look to the Lord for His strength.
11 Random Facts
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
- I have a lot of hobbies and end up working on all kinds of things.
- I love designing and using my planner!
- The Lord has been teaching me about resting and living simply, and I hope to make that a major focus here on the blog.
- I was homeschooled, and I’m very thankful for the privilege.
- I love listening to Majesty Music.
- We recently did a study in family devotions about Bible study, and I use what I learned on some of the blog posts.
- I love to dream and think about making things and sharing ideas.
- I have enjoyed this cozy winter with a lot of hot tea and family read-aloud time.
- I’ve recently started doing more reading, and I’ve been participating in a reading challenge!
- I’m thankful to have a blog; I’ve wanted to blog for a long time, and I’m thankful for the opportunity.
And now for the big announcement you’ve all been waiting for!! Who did I nominate for the Liebster Award? Now, I didn’t have 5 blogs to nominate, but I did have 4. And, here they are!!
Hannah @ More Than Just Reading
Grace @ Graceful Meadow
Rachel @ Shiloh Photography
Emily @ Changing Our Hearts
Please go check out these other blogs and follow them so that you can see what answers they give to these questions!
- What is your favorite Psalm?
- If you just found out that you had a vacation paid for to your top destination, where would you be going?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you use a planner? If so, what is it like? If not, how do you keep track of your to-do list?
- What is one of your favorite hymns?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- What is one thing the Lord taught you in 2020?
- Who is one of your favorite Bible characters?
- What is one character quality you would like to grow in this year?
- Do you prefer living a fast-paced life and being busy all the time or a more slow-paced, relaxing life?
- What is your top time management tip?
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to subscribe so you’ll be notified about new posts!
I only nominated 4 blogs. For the rest of my nominations, I am nominating YOU! I would love to have each of you answer any or all of my list of questions in the comments.
I hope to hear from you!