Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:12-15
Thankful Every Day
I know that Thanksgiving is passed, and wasn’t it wonderful? True, it was different for most people this year, and everything may not always have been fun and games, but we still had so much to be thankful for. As a matter of fact, we still do!
As the above verse said, “let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually.” It’s easier to do during the Thanksgiving season when everyone is talking about it and we are constantly being reminded. But, God has given us so much to be thankful for everyday. Even if we had nothing else, we have the best gift, the gift of salvation, which is enough to never stop praising Him for. And above that He showers us with even more!
A few weeks ago a friend invited me to join her in trying to write down 1,000 things that I am thankful for, before the end of the year if possible. I’ll admit that I haven’t gotten very far, (I’m only around 50) but I started getting into it more yesterday.
It really is a blessing to sit down and write out multiple things that I am thankful for all at one time. Doing this can help give you more of a realization of just how blessed you are! It’s amazing how the more blessings you write down, the more blessings it brings to mind.
Free Journaling Page
May I challenge you to make it a regular part of your life to praise the Lord and count the many ways He has blessed you? To make it just a little bit more special, I made a free printable page for you to use to list the things you are thankful for. Click on the graphic below to take you to the free resource library where you can enter your password you receive when you join the blog. And there you’ll find your free printable!
This free printable can be cut in half to make 2 half size pages. I plan to punch the 2 pages and put them in my planner. Each page has a place to write down 20 blessings, or if they are short, you can write more than one per line.
Let’s Give Thanks!
So, even though the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone for another year, let’s make thanksgiving an every day part of our lives. Will you join me? I’m going to list out a few things I’m thankful for, and I’d love for you to do the same thing in the comments.
- I’m so thankful that Jesus, my Creator and the powerful God of the universe, gave His life to take my sins and the sins of every person so that each one of us can come to Him and have a personal relationship with Him. This is something that I will never be able to understand: how He could love me and you this much!
- I’m thankful to have been raised in godly home, and for the love of my family and close relationships with them.
- I’m blessed to have many godly friends who encourage me in the Lord and share in my life.
- I’m thankful for a warm house on this cold, drizzly day.
- Mint tea is something I’ve really been enjoying lately, and I’m thankful that there is half a gallon waiting for me right now.
- Free printables – in case you hadn’t noticed by now, I enjoy making and using printables.
- I’m thankful that God allowed me to start a blog this year and for each one of who you take the time to read it.
It’s your turn! What are you thankful for today?
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18